[Spring2019] Grades for Demeler Homework

Borries Demeler demeler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 16:30:59 MDT 2019

To all students:

First of all, please allow me to apologize for the late response on homework grades.
I have a few comments on the homework:

1. After actually doing the homework myself I realized that the amount
of work necessary to complete the homework was higher than what I
usually expect. Nevertheless, most of you did very well on the homework
completing most problems.

2. Because of the extra work required from all of you I decided to issue
up to 40 bonus points, effectively treating portions of the exam as
extra credit. Extra credit was also issued for finding my mistake in
the last problem (by one student).

3. I will e-mail each one of you your own corrected homework document.
Please review and let me know if you have any questions, either about
any material or about the grading. In some cases it was difficult to
annotate your documents - especially for those who provided some
Microsoft documents that didn't play nice with my LibreOffice (my only
choice due to the use of Linux for everything). If something is unclear
or doesn't come through, again, please just contact me for
clarification.

Thanks! -Borries